[thelist] Re: thelist table borders

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 31 14:27:29 CDT 2003

I received a very clever response from someone using css and
javascript. I think that will work with the huge plus that all the
control for applying styles correctly will be completely out of the
hands of these programmers I work with. They won't have to do a thing!

Thanks for passing along the border-collapse property. I hadn't seen it
before. That'll work perfectly (I hope).

Thanks!
Diane
On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 04:20 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> You can't figure out which part:
> a) how to get odd/even row colours using class attributes on the <tr>?
> b) how to get only 1px solid cell borders?
> c) borders that show even if the <td> is empty?
>
> a) <tr style="background-color: #cccccc;">
> works for me
>
> b) <table style="border-collapse: collapse;">
> should collapse the table cell borders for you
>
> c) AFAIK, You need to put something in the table data cell, even if
> it's
> only a space.
>
> Cheers
> Ken
Boyfriend: 3 years, 3 PCs. Each one purchased after the previous one
died.
Me: 9 years, 3 Macs. Each one purchased because I wanted it. They all
still work perfectly.