[thelist] regex help

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 20:11:12 CDT 2003

--- Frank <lists at frankmarion.com> wrote:

> But I get the sense that there's more to it. Can you give some real
> world examples of the variables and the desired match?

The target string is always a list of numbers starting with 's' and
matched with a number. Some examples are;

s1s2s3
s2s33s54s32s122
s3s6

The format never changes. These are student numbers. I have to remove
a student from a list (which I have already done) but I also need to
remove that reference from a hidden form value.

So for the 2nd example, I would need to remove s54. I will only
remove one student at a time. So I need to go from:

s2s33s54s32s122

s2s33s32s122 (removed s54)

Hopefully this is enough info, cuz I'm really confused!

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward