[thelist] Suggestions for the next technology to learn

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Wed Sep 3 18:49:04 CDT 2003

(No language holy-wars please ;)

I have achieved a level of comfortable proficiency with PHP, a working
knowledge of web standards (XHTML / CSS), accessibility issues, XML,
client side scripting,  mobile application development (WML only at this
stage, although wap 2.0 is XHTML base  anyway) , and have been
considering investing some time into learning another server-side
technology.

 From what I can see of the project market here, (Australasia), the
largest current demand is for ASP, and Java / JSP developers.
I have basic experience in ASP, but are there any advantages of starting
with one over the other?
Java interests me from an OOP point (and mobile application) of view,
but I realise this is also possible with asp.net.

Any suggestions, or should I pull out my trusty old
future-career-path-picking dartboard?

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com