[thelist] FYI - Plug this MS Application Hole

Sarah poohbear at designshift.com
Thu Sep 4 08:18:10 CDT 2003

Here's a question for those of you with a better understanding of security
issues than I have. Do you think that Microsoft products have so many
security problems because they develop sub-par products, or because the
various flavours of Windows are the most commonly used OS, and therefore
come under more attack by "crackers"? Or, is it possible that other
software "distributors" (for lack of a better word), such as Apple or
Linux, *need* to put in the extra effort to make their products more
secure, simply in order to gain any kind of significant market share vs.
Microsoft?

(I hope this doesn't start a flame war, I am just looking for some informed
opinions on this subject.)

Sarah