[thelist] Choosing a CMS / blog software?

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Thu Sep 4 08:33:51 CDT 2003

Quoting NM Lists <mlists at paris.monnet.biz>:

> More to the point, here's what I'm looking for:
>
> - Free Software
> - Written in Perl (preferred) or alt. PHP/Python
> - Based on XML standards as much as possible (XSLT for templates,
> RSS/RDF for syndication)
> - Multiple admins
> - MySQL preferred

Try http://www.movabletype.org

Free -- Yes (license available for commercial use)
PERL -- Yes
RSS  -- Yes (the templates are not XSLT, but you can easily modify them to be
so, I use mt to generate php pages)

multiple admins -- Yes (also, multiple blogs, users, permissions, etc.)

MySQL -- available, if the appropriate perl extensions are installed.

Of all the blogging software that I've messed with, I like mt the best. I have
heard good things about b2, but I haven't tried it out personally.

My personal website (sig) runs on mt :)

If you need a sample account to play with mt, email me off list and I'll set
one up.

--
Burhan Khalid
thelist[at]meidomus[dot]com