[thelist] RE: Hebrew enabled Windows & Word

Andrew Seguin asegu at borg.darktech.org
Thu Sep 4 11:05:56 CDT 2003

I find one thing unclear... do you need the menus of your software to be
written in hebrew? or just need to be able to create documents with hebrew
fonts.

I'm no expert, but I do use a croatian quite a bit (although I am still
learning the language). What I found is this:

windows 2000 : control pannel, regional options. "general" tab.
bottom part of the window reads on my system
"Language settings for the system.
 Your system is configured to read and write documents in multiple
languages." and then I have a list... Centreal Europe & Cyrillic are
checked.
Then, on the last tab of the "Regional Options" window (Input Locales) you
can add what you need.

As for spell check for Hebrew... Microsft sells "Proofing tools" as an
add-on to office. You can check out the link here:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/evaluation/indepth/multilingual/prooftools.asp

Now, if on the other hand what you need is your entire system to be in
Hebrew, menu text and etc included, then you will need to go out and buy
the required versions of the software.