[thelist] Managing URL wrap in email

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Sep 4 18:24:52 CDT 2003

At 01:24 PM 9/4/2003, John Corry wrote:

>What can I do to ensure this is universally (or nearly universally) usable
>by everyone? My target audience is pretty internet illiterate, asking them
>to copy/paste the URL into a text editor to remove line breaks then paste
>into address bar would be like speaking a foreign language to most of them.

The best-est answers is to shorten the link up as much as you can.

Move the php script to root and use a GUID like parameter.

         /maillist.php?User=93848rjrur84738

Obviously you'll need to match up the GUID with a user record. If you
already have a DB backend this shouldn't be that much extra work.

--
Anthony Baratta
President