[thelist] I have a question (I'm a novice)

Hill, Don DonH at Mvmills.com
Fri Sep 5 11:26:51 CDT 2003

I participate in a message board for high school sports and academics where
we are constantly bombarded by offensive garbage from one particular user
(who uses MANY aliases). He as also begun to clog a contest site run by one
of the board participant with hundreds of bogus entries. This guy lives to
make other, legitimate people on the board miserable. We are trying to find
a way to block his posts, but mainly block his submissions to the contest
site. The contest site has a space for entering an email address and he
keeps entering new, bogus ones. When he submits, we know that Bellsouth is
his ISP, but, since they use dynamic IP addresses, we cant block a
particular one and hope to have success. Any advice on either find out who
this guy is OR permanently blocking him would be MOST appreciated.