[thelist] I have a question (I'm a novice)

Peter Lowe pgl at instinct.org
Fri Sep 5 13:24:01 CDT 2003

On Sep 05, Hill, Don wrote:
> I participate in a message board for high school sports and academics where
> we are constantly bombarded by offensive garbage from one particular user
> (who uses MANY aliases). He as also begun to clog a contest site run by one
> of the board participant with hundreds of bogus entries. This guy lives to
> make other, legitimate people on the board miserable. We are trying to find
> a way to block his posts, but mainly block his submissions to the contest
> site. The contest site has a space for entering an email address and he
> keeps entering new, bogus ones. When he submits, we know that Bellsouth is
> his ISP, but, since they use dynamic IP addresses, we cant block a
> particular one and hope to have success. Any advice on either find out who
> this guy is OR permanently blocking him would be MOST appreciated.

Welcome to the Internet.

 - http://www.google.com/search?q=internet+trolls

My opinion: just ignore him. It's no fun annoying people if they don't
get annoyed.

cheers,

Peter

--
The Czech Republic: Home of the world's finest beer.
Litres drunk by Czechs so far this year: 1,113,815,216.43

 - http://prague.tv/toys/beer/