[thelist] I have a question (I'm a novice)

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Fri Sep 5 14:07:53 CDT 2003

Don,

> When he submits, we know that Bellsouth is his ISP,

Contact Bellsouth, (probably abuse at bellsouth.com) and let them know
that he is maliciously:

- violating your terms of service,
- using fraudulent email addresses
- attempting a Denial Of Service attack on your facilities

Give them all the info you can to help identify him.  Thereafter,
he'll at least get a little bit more clever in hiding his identity.

Better yet, program your message board and contest site to automatically
verify email addresses before giving anyone access.  That'll force
him at least to set up a new hotmail account for each new address.

Finally, report him to the FBI as an e-terrorist.  <JUST KIDDING>

<tip type="email list posting">
Use the Subject line of a post to describe the nature of the
question.  It tends to attract those readers who know the answer.
</tip>