[thelist] Java (JSP) engine locally

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 5 21:47:06 CDT 2003

I have found jakarta tomcat easy to install, but hard to integrate with
an existing apache engine. Not sure how it is done. Not as easy as the
directions say. Tomcat will serve up html or other things like a
regular server. The JDK from Sun is easy to install, too, and you can
start writing applets and swing applications in no time.

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 04:43 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

>> I had made a decision to learn Java and want to know if their is a
>> distibution similar to phpdev, which will allow me to run a java
>> engine
>> locally under my apache setup.
Boyfriend: 3 years, 3 PCs. Each one purchased after the previous one
died.
Me: 9 years, 3 Macs. Each one purchased because I wanted it. They all
still work perfectly.