[thelist] Help with dmoz

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 05:09:56 CDT 2003

Cant help you there I had a similar problem submitting
yesterday. I was getting a page cannot be found error
and closest match=index.htm pfff
if you're getting a
similar error it looks like they're having problems, again !

<rant>
Dmoz has been a shambles for a while, half the time
you can't submit because it times out. Or it simply
times out trying to get to the right category. Admitedly
that has improved some, but now the problem above
is worse and even more frustrating. Because you
browse throught to the right category take the time
to fill the form in and ...! zilch, great.

Isn't it time the SE's dropped the relevancy of Dmoz
and used some other directory. It can't be returning
accurate results if most people can't even get their
sites in there.
</rant>

probably best to try submitting at different times of day
that usally helps.

regards,

Darren Yates
dn at dittodesign.co.uk