[thelist] Front End Access access to SQL DB's

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Sep 8 09:37:34 CDT 2003

Hi list,

Although this has been done for years, people have been using Access and
linked tables (to SQL Servers) for quite some time. (We're trying to upgrade
our inventory system to a more stable environment with out changing a lot
for the people who use the database.)

I'm almost finished with the conversion, but what I want to know is, if
queries that use IIF's, for example, are interpreted correctly by SQL
server? Is this why people opt for using access because it's ability to
"WYSIWYG" queries (easy to use)?

What are other big reasons for using Access as a front end to SQL servers
that you've come up with?

Rob Smith