[thelist] Photo Manipulation Software

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Mon Sep 8 21:28:20 CDT 2003

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on a Photo Manipulation software
tool.  I've just had a request from one or my clients at work for something
that is very simple to use.

Before I start getting responses listing various professional packages, I
should say that the user is looking a "home user" tool.  Something that will
let them add "cool effects" to their photos.  By that I'm guessing smudges and
distortion in the same way that made Power Goo look popular.

Freeware is preferable, but anything with a full trial will do for the moment.

<tip type="Windows PreInstallation Edition" author="Michael Pemberton">
If anyone is sick of using DOS based tools to repair a windows system, have a
look at Windows PreInstallation Edition (WinPE).  It boots from a CD and can
work with any hardware that the standard version does.

With a bit of tweaking, your favourite windows based repair tool can be made
to run from the CD.  The end resault being that you may be able to repair a
system even after it becomes unbootable.

To build a WinPE system from an existing  WinXP setup, check out Bart's WinPE
builder @ www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/.
</tip>
---
Michael Pemberton