[thelist] Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 problems

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Sep 9 07:11:46 CDT 2003

Judging by:
a) the original error (cannot find server, or DNS error)
    -and-
b) the fix that you put in

the problem is name resolution. Your client machine can't resolve
<server-name>, as it either doesn't exist in the DNS (if you are using AD),
and it isn't looking at the NetBIOS name (if you're running native mode AD)
or that isn't the NetBIOS name of the server.

I'd talk to your systems administrator to try and resolve this.

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Lytollis" <leslytollis at dimensions-corporatewear.co.uk>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 9:02 PM
Subject: RE: [thelist] Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 problems

OK, I added a line for the server to the hosts file on my local pc and
now I can see the site - but I still don't understand why it couldn't
see one site but no problems on the other two - the address for the site
is http://<server-ip>/retail2002 which resolves to
http://<server-name>/retail2002/localeselection.aspx?returnurl=default.a
spx - the other just works with http://<server-ip>/netcatalogsitelet so
I imagine it's something to do with return url but I don't where to look
for this setting.

Cheers
Les Lytollis
Web Developer