[thelist] Java (JSP) engine locally

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Tue Sep 9 12:07:47 CDT 2003

I'm running both Tomcat and Apache right now. I use the ProxyPass
directives in my Apache httpd.conf to proxy all requests for my webapp
through to Tomcat, and let Apacha handle all the static content. I have
to say it is sweet. I don't have to muck around with getting the 2 to
play together beyond this simple step - I don't even have to really read
the Tomcat docs, I can leverage what I already now about Apache. both
use seperate document roots, seperate everything, but the user just sees
one site.
This is on a development server, but I've heard people recommend a
similar setup for a production environment.

Sam