[thelist] Linux, Apache, php Help Please

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Tue Sep 9 15:12:11 CDT 2003

Jay Blanchard wrote:

>[snip]
>
>Here are some other thoughts  :)
>
>Check your php.ini file to make sure that extensions are enabled. There
>should be a section in the .ini called Dynamic Extensions ....
>
>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
>; Dynamic Extensions ;
>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
>
>with stuff like
>
>; If you wish to have an extension loaded automaticly, use the following
>; syntax:
>;
>;   extension=modulename.extension
>;
>; For example, on Windows:
>;
>;   extension=msql.dll
>;
>; ... or under UNIX:
>;
>;   extension=msql.so
>;
>; Note that it should be the name of the module only; no directory
>information
>; needs to go here.  Specify the location of the extension with the
>; extension_dir directive above.
>

>;Windows Extensions
>;Note that MySQL and ODBC support is now built in, so no dll is needed
>for it.
>;
>;extension=php_bz2.dll
>;extension=php_ctype.dll
>;extension=php_cpdf.dll
>;extension=php_curl.dll
>;extension=php_cybercash.dll
>
>etc. etc. etc.
>
>Of course, as always, remeber to restart Apache anytime you make a
>change to httpd.conf or php.ini. If your version of PHP has ODBC built
>in you should be good to go with MSSQL, requiring no further dinking
>around with .ini's and .conf's

Yep, had those. I had a library wrong on the first compile -
/usr/include/mysql should have been /usr for the mysql extension. That
solved the extension problem after re-compile.

Also had to edit the httpd.conf file and change the User and Group to
solve the session data directory permissions problem.

All is well now, Thank you for your assistance.

Ron D.