SV: [thelist] What's worse? opinions wanted!!

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Thu Sep 11 08:20:22 CDT 2003

It is most certainly possible, but as you point out, it's not backwards
compatible with every browser (it is also the subject of much
"religious" dispute on this list!).

My personal site (http://www.cookstour.org) uses 100% css layout. It was
produced mostly as an exercise for myself. For the most part in my daily
development I use html tables combined with css for layout. The layout I
used was adapted from the layouts on this site -
http://www.bluerobot.com/web/layouts/ - which you will probably find a
useful starting point.

Even if you don't use CSS positioning for daily layout taks, it's
probably worth spending the time to experiment with it, as once you get
the hang of it, css becomes very useful for solving exactly the sort of
tasks you mention:

>  Wrapping and applying borders are particular issues I
> still have using just CSS.)

HTH

.steve