[thelist] PHP on earthlink not working

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sat Sep 13 00:08:58 CDT 2003

At 09:42 PM 9/12/2003, Roger Harness wrote:

>I'm taking a beginning PHP class, and I'm just trying to implement some of
>the stuff on the website I work on for my boss. Unfortunately, the site is
>hosted by Earthlink. And I can't seem to get *any* php to work, even though
>they say they support PHP on all their hosting packages, and it should work
>fine.

Are you running on a windows host or a *nix host?
Are you just getting the code spit back atcha?

If Earthlink is running Apache try adding this to your .htacces file:

     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

This will only work if they've installed it, but not completed the
installation.

---
Anthony Baratta
President