[thelist] xhtml + custom tags

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Sep 13 18:44:44 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nemesis" <nemesis at nemesis1.f2o.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003 7:38 PM

> > I did suggest creating a custom DTD so that the page validation would
pass.
> > Does using a custom DTD mandate a switch of the using page's extension?
If
> > so, why?
> >
> Joshua,
> To me it would. Since you are making an attempt at a custom dtd for xml
> tags you would be using xhtml1.1. xhtml 1.1 requires it to be served
> with application/xhtml+xml
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/#summary

Gary,

I was referring to this:

"If that you do that you would need to run the proper mime type xml+xhtml
and extension. "

Specifically, you said that you'd need to use a "proper" extension.  Then
you followed up with a link:

http://home1.gte.net/res1hvtm/index.xhtml

My question is: does using a custom DTD mandate a different extension?  If
so, why?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.