[thelist] Using PHP to let folks add comments

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Sun Sep 14 15:31:30 CDT 2003

I know ther has to be an easy way to do this, but I'm getting more
confused the more I try to figure it out.

What I want to do is have a page, and at the bottom, have a form filed
where people will be able to add a comment.  The comments should be
wrapped in <p> and </p> but if they put in line breaks they should be kept.

What I don't want is someone to be able to put in javascript or evil HTML
that does something nasty to the page.  I would like them to be able to
include regular links.

I am trying to keep the page XHTML 1.0 Strict.

This doesn't seem too hard, but I'm not getting it.

Any help appreciated.

TjL

--
Flash, Pop Up Windows, Animated Gifs... what did I miss?
"Most Annoying Things on the Web" @