[thelist] php -> sms

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Sun Sep 14 22:29:43 CDT 2003

Has anyone had any success in dynamically generating SMS messages with
php (or any scripting language)? Basicallky I want to send an sms to a
predefined mobile number when a new record is added to the db.

 From what I have seen there is only manual pc software that uses a
cellphone connected to a COM port - I want to be able to do the same
thing (with phone and COM port) but using PHP and not having to have
someone manually format a message using dektop software?

Any suggestions? I have had a look at: smstools via source forge but
have not yet got it running successfully

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com
Phone: 64 4 237 4557