[thelist] Laptop - Web Design Wishlist

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Sep 17 13:28:10 CDT 2003

Jono Young wrote:

> I'd recommend the PowerBook 17"

> The G4 line of laptops all have a beautiful screens, and enough
> power to drive what ever application you need.

I don't know about the newest ones, but I'm using a borrowed 15"
PowerBook, and it seems painfully slow -- but that's not really
why I *wouldn't* recommend it. :-)

The keyboard just reeks. I think it's awful. The feel is mushy, you
can't remap the useless CAPS LOCK key, the arrow keys are unusably
tiny... bah.

But of course this is a personal preference issue, which is why I'd
recommend that anyone buying a laptop find someplace to actually try
typing on that model. It's *not* like a desktop where a replacement
keyboard is an easy and inexpensive option.

YMMV!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.