[thelist] making text boxes more secure

Nan Harbison nansmith at heritageconcord.org
Thu Sep 18 07:04:39 CDT 2003

Hello Gurus,
I do a school district website, we get hacked all the
time. Apparently school websites are huge targets for
hackers. It makes sense, be a PITA to the people trying to
educate you.
Anyway, I think one of the ways we last got hacked was
through the text boxes, I had not done anything to prevent
malicious code from being entered into them. The worst
part was that the SQL server was knocked out.
So what is the consensus on the best way to make text
boxes more secure, I have read in other threads that you
can at the least use strip_tags(). Is there anything else
that should be done?
TIA
Nan