[thelist] Development platform

John.Brooking at NA.SAPPI.COM John.Brooking at NA.SAPPI.COM
Fri Sep 19 07:35:19 CDT 2003

Geoff Sheridan said:
>Mac OS X is a superb web development platform.
>
>For browser testing you can run KDE natively to text Linux/Unix, and
>VirtualPC allows better PC testing than a PC. (Can run multiple IE
>versions simultaneously) I can run IE 5, 5.5, 6, all the Mac
>browsers, Konquerer and Lynx simultaneously on a machine which is
>also a web server.Sweet. VPC isn't quick enough for doing much work
>in, but for testing and occasional use is good enough - KDE runs
>quick as anything.

What about us poor slobs on Windows? Can anyone recommend a good way to set
up, say, XP to be able to run multiple versions of browsers like Geoff can?
(XP is my development box, and I mostly develop for ISP-hosted sites, so I
don't have direct server access.) I think there is virtual box software out
there for Windows, but what about emulating the Mac browsers?

- John
Company added disclaimer below
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This message may contain information which is private,
privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy /
delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its
subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting
directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may
contain a virus or the like.