[thelist] A New Query regarding PHP mail with multiple recipients and form data notworking

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Sep 19 09:08:16 CDT 2003

Any tips on why this *still* isn't working? I'm stumped.

I know the online docs are good, but what's your favorite PHP book? I
need something clear, complete, from beginner to advanced, hopefully
with caveats and tips and generally smart writing.

Or, it such doesn't exist, how's about someone write it and I'll publish
it?

Anyway, this is what ain't working and it's bugging me no end:

<?php
ini_set('SMTP', "mail.24caratdesign.com");
$email = "joel at spinhead.com";
$subject = "Contact Request ($today)";
$body = "This is the body\r\n";
$headers = "From: webmaster at 24caratdesign.com\n";
$headers .= "Reply-to: webmaster at 24caratdesign.com\n";
$headers .= "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1\n";
mail ($email, $subject, $body, $headers) or die("Could not send mail");
?>

All I get is my error message 'Could not send mail'

Should this be working? It's on a Windows box with
register_globals off, which is why I'm including
ini_set('SMTP', "mail.24caratdesign.com");

Thanks ever so much

spinhead