[thelist] CSS - IE/Firebird/NS6/NS7 - Absolute Position - Moving

Brian brian at brianreaves.com
Fri Sep 19 14:50:45 CDT 2003

Test page: http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/reavebw/indexMAC.html

Assistance is need with "Auburn University" text on this page. It is
correctly rendered on the following platforms:
IE6+ WXP
IE5+ OS X

It will also render correctly if you reload the page using one of the
following browsers. However if you hold down the "shift" key and reload
the page, it breaks. (I was told this empties the cache, "Control Shirt"
on MAC's.):
Firebird 0.6 WXP
Mozilla 1.4 WXP
NS 7+ WXP

It will not render correctly in the following browsers:
Op 7+ WXP
Op 6+ WXP
NS6+ OS X
Op7 OS X
Camino OS X
Safari OS X

If I add:
padding: 0px;
to:
div#boxRight a#auHome:hover {
	color: rgb(226,226,226);
	background: #004b8d;
	}
and rollover the text it will move to the correct location and stay
there regardless of where my mouse is. Pretty odd. So I tried adding the
same to:
div#boxRight a#auHome ...
and it moving after the rollover. However if you reload without the
"shift" key and it renders correctly again.

My guess is there is a better way to try to make this text appear where
it needs to be. I would appreciate a direction.

TIA,