[thelist] link borders on a MAC

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at frogger.kicks-ass.net
Sun Sep 21 21:49:14 CDT 2003

On Sunday 2003 September 21 16:03, Maisha Walker wrote:
> I have a Web site that I built for a friend.
>
> When you look at it on a PC none of the links have borders around
> them when you click on them.  But on a MAC, the borders appear
> when you click on the links. This is a problem because it really
> interferes with the contiuous/flash smoothness feeling of the site.
>
> I have already set the borders to 0 is there any other way to get rid
> of those link borders on a MAC??

Different browsers work differently. If you're talking about what I
think you're talking about, this is an accessibility feature, and not
something you can easily disable as a site author/designer for good
reason.

BTW, "PC" and "Mac" refer to hardware; in the future it would really
help if you would refer to which actual OS (and browser) are in use.
"PC" does not necessarily imply "Windows" (this PC is running FreeBSD).
And yes, even a Mac can run something besides MacOS.

--
Shawn K. Quinn