[thelist] Site check request, all css layout

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Mon Sep 22 19:33:33 CDT 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 07:19  PM, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> I'd really welcome any comments at all - design, code, whatever.
> Don't hold back!
>

>  I have not
> testing anything on a mac, don't have access.

Pity, that.

> Here is the URL:
>
> http://www.thywordistruth.net/

Tom,
Great looking site overall. Really fabulous to see something so
professional for a church or any Christian organization. Way to go!

OK, no that the stroking is over, a few things off the bat: (I do have
access to a Mac, so all these comments relate to that platform)

1. I could not find the address of the church anywhere on the site.
What if I want to come Sunday?

2. I think it is fine to have a "site by:" credit on every page.

3. really odd background image thing happening in the top header. In
Safari I see a color image of wheat (corn?) that stays fixed if I
resize the browser window width and the site logo slides over it - very
good. However, if I change the browser window height it starts to shift
and tile and slip around. Very odd. In Camino, Firebird and IE 5.2 it
does not show up at all.

4. I expect the little arrows, page icons to be links - but no...

5. on this page:
http://www.thywordistruth.net/articles/article.php?aid=17&cid=1 the
green sidebar is verrrry tall and if I scroll to see it the grey image
of wheat in the corner gets covered up by the background of one div or
another.

6. I like that image of the wheat in the lower right corner. balances
the layout nicely.

7. Let me revise #1, it does say on the opening page, but I expect that
sort of stuff at the bottom as a line of text. I know that is boring
and doesn't look pretty, but it works. Just a line or two that says:
" Grace Community Church - N Granada Blvd At W Sanrem Ave, Lake Villa
That sort of thing.

8. Print Style sheets - yeah!

Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
401.286.9228
Communications and the Art of Simplicity