[thelist] mod_rewrite help

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Tue Sep 23 10:10:04 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 08:19 AM, Burhan Khalid wrote:

> Greetings guys :
>
>   Have a bit of a headache with a mod_rewite rule and am hoping some
> masters of the dark arts can help me out. First, the mod_rewrite rule
> > :
>
>  # Rewrite URLs of the form 'index.php?q=x':
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
>
> Redirect permanent /archives/000059.php
> http://www.domain.com/node/view/3

You haven't written the actual rule here -- it look like you might be
going /(match) /new-url$1

You'll likely get some good help with this on the Drupal site (which I
recognize this .htaccess fragment from). Also, you could install the
"redirect" module. Yes, it says to use .htaccess if you can, but the
redirect module is certainly easier to use...

In the meantime, this page might prove useful:
	http://www.engelschall.com/pw/apache/rewriteguide/

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com