[thelist] ftp synchronization tool

Sarah poohbear at designshift.com
Thu Sep 25 08:43:26 CDT 2003

Hello, all!

I am looking for recommendations for an FTP synchronization tool. I am
trying to make sure that a site I am working on is synched up between a
local server here at work and a client's remote server (where the site will
be hosted). Here's what I'm looking for:
(1) works on Win2k
(2) will preserve the modified time of files when they are transferred
(3) will allow you to specify what to do with files based on if they:
     - exist only on my machine
     - are newer on my machine
     - are the same on both machines
     - exist only on the remote server
     - are newer on the remote server
I've tried WS_FTP Pro, which doesn't do (2) (at least not when using the
synchronization tool), and FTP Voyager, which doesn't do (3).

Thanks!

Sarah