[thelist] Simple CGI Languages

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at hotpop.com
Mon Sep 29 14:28:25 CDT 2003

Hello Experts,
I do web developing just for fun, as it is my hobby. Therefore, I am still in my
learning process. In my so far experiences of creating sites, I have never tried
to experiment with CGI scripts. There are many languages in which CGI scripts
are written, as I have come to know from TheList.

My Question:

Which language (for writing CGI scripts) is the easiest to learn? For the time
being I want to write some CGI for a feedback form and counting downloads of
some certain EXE files.
There are many languages and I just can't figure out where to start. So far, I
have some experience of JavaScript and Visual Basic 6 among programming
languages.

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.