[thelist] Mac IE5 CSS weirdness

Richard Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 06:43:29 CDT 2003

Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

> The slightly longer answer is that I think the input field may have
> something to do with it: it is too long and stretches up the table
> cell. Unfortunately I couldn't find the relevant CSS in the four .css
> files (why four? why not just one?)

:o)

I tend to get lost with just one big CSS file, so I break it up into areas.
In this site there are actually 5 css files:

main.css      - global stuff like body and fonts etc..
menu.css      - for the left menu
content.css   - for the main center content
sidebar.css   - for the sidebar on the right
headfoot.css  - for the header and footer

The css for the input boxes is in content.css

#searchField
{
    width: 50%;
}

#searchSubmit
{
    width: 30%;
}

Works fine in 5.2 - can't see why it wouldnt work in 5.2.1?

--
R.Livsey
Incutio Web Developer