[thelist] Mac IE5 CSS weirdness

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 07:38:49 CDT 2003

>>The slightly longer answer is that I think the input field may have
>>something to do with it: it is too long and stretches up the table cell.
>>Unfortunately I couldn't find the relevant CSS in the four .css files (why
>>four? why not just one?)
>

>The css for the input boxes is in content.css
>
>#searchField
>{
>    width: 50%;
>}
>
>#searchSubmit
>{
>    width: 30%;
>}
>
>Works fine in 5.2 - can't see why it wouldnt work in 5.2.1?

Because it assumes that it should take 50% of the body width, for instance,
instead of 50% of the TD width. Experiment with fixed width values, say,
200px, and see if that helps.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/