[thelist] MYSQL: getting distinct dates from a DATETIME field

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Fri Oct 3 06:59:37 CDT 2003

> Rudy wrote:
> by the way, dunstan, did you get your problem solved?

:o)

No, not yet Rudy, I just don't know enough to know what else to try.

My efforts stopped after trying DISTINCT and GROUP BY in various forms (GROUP BY
out of hope, not really knowing what it was going to do).

I've tried to follow your discussion on GROUP BY, but it's not something I
really understand, despite reading up on it at mysql.com.

Should the use of DISTINCT actually work in this case? I can't see why it
wouldn't, or is the result of the DATE_FORMAT not available until the query has
been executed?

Maybe I'll have to use PHP to get rid of the duplicate from the result array :o/

Cheers - Dunstan