[thelist] PHP and Search Engine Bots.

Raditha Dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Fri Oct 3 12:56:40 CDT 2003

Hi,

According to google they don't care what the suffix is. They even index
pages that have query strings (eg ?param1=blah etc)
The easiest way to confirm all of this is to check your log files.
Google and other search engines do however stop indexing if they find
that the php (or whatever) page uses a spider detection algorithm to do
search engine cloaking.

that's a good phrase for you to google on as well ;-)

--
Raditha Dissanayake.