[thelist] Oracle Resources

James Wampler evolt at jwampler.com
Mon Oct 6 17:46:12 CDT 2003

I have recently taken a new job and the company I will be working for
uses Oracle for the Database servers.  I start in two weeks, so I wopuld
like to get a leg up before I get there.  I have been working in MySQL
and Microsoft SQL Server for the last three years, so I am curious, how
difficult is picking up Oracle going to be?  Also, can someone direct me
to some good resources online or books for learning PL/SQL syntax.  Does
Oracle have something like MSDE or is there an open source DBMS that
uses PL/SQL syntax.

Thanks,

-James Wampler
evolt at jwampler.com