[thelist] Linux for development?

Javier Muniz jmuniz at granicus.com
Wed Oct 8 19:21:39 CDT 2003

I also use VMWare for development, though I do it the other way around (Run
Windows XP, run other versions of windows and linux in VMWare).  For those
of you who don't want to blow the $300+ on VMWare, there's Xen.  It's a
project at cambridge university that's available via the GPL license.  It
claims to be faster than Vmware, though I haven't had a chance to test it
myself.  There was an article about it on slashdot a few weeks ago.

Xen Page:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/

Slashdot Article:
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/10/02/1232235&mode=thread&t