[thelist] why doth i hate css? let me count the ways.

M.G.Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Fri Oct 10 16:47:06 CDT 2003

Chris W. Parker wrote:

>M.G.Noriega <mailto:manuel at simplelogica.net>
>    on Friday, October 10, 2003 11:08 AM said:
>

>> I'm sure valid points can be made against the CSS specs, let's hope
>>they are not so weak and futile as these.
>>

>Now you're throwing insults? Great.
>

>Chris.

i fail to see the insults in my accounting of (imo) weak and futile
points against CSS as, well,  weak and futile. I sincerely think i
haven't made any ad hominem attack and i am extremely sorry if you felt
that way.

That said, ranting about how you don't have time to waste learning CSS
or how the W3C is insulting your intelligence by choosing keywords that
you happen not to like do not seem, and will never seem, reasonable
arguments to me.

Now, for my very first tip

<tip type="SQL Phrasebooks" author="mort">
Isolating all your SQL querys in an external file and invoking them through a function or class wrapper can greatly improve the flexibility and ease of deployement of your webapp.
Read more about this technique, called 'SQL Phrasebooks' here http://www.evolt.org/article/Effectively_Implementing_SQL_Phrasebooks/17/60149/
or here
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/10/22/phrasebook.html
</tip>