[thelist] Slide show with html text

Javed Alam jalam at cc.ysu.edu
Sun Oct 12 15:31:08 CDT 2003

Hi

If you are adventrous and you want to do a MS Powerpoint free slide show
try

http://titanium.dstc.edu.au/xml/jacksvg/

You can also embed sound using the sound namespace from ADOBE. I did a
presentation using this program with embedded sound created using a TTS.

A sample is at
http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~jalam/summer_institute_03/presentation/presentation.svg

To view it you will need IE with adobe svg plugin. Also advance first
two slides with no sound and advance slides after end of each sound
presentation associated with the slide.

regards J

--

*Javed Alam, *Ph.D.

*Professor*

*Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering Department*

Youngstown State University

Youngstown, Ohio 44555

Phone 330-941-3029

Fax     330-941-3265

e-mail jalam at cc.ysu.edu <mailto:jalam at cc.ysu.edu>

web: http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~jalam/ <http://www.eng.ysu.edu/%7Ejalam/>

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be
their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives.
A popular government without popular information or the means of
acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both."
  - James Madison /(Fourth President of the United States)/
<http://opengov1.media.mit.edu/>

"Facts are stupid things..."
  - Ronald Reagan /(40th President of the United States)/
<http://opengov1.media.mit.edu/>