[thelist] Re: Mandrake 9.2 or Redhat 9.0

Joe Mahoney joe at morsemedia.com
Wed Oct 15 23:06:40 CDT 2003

 >Just wanted to get people's input on which distro they prefer for an
 >everyday workstation, and why?

I'm currently using Mandrake 9.1 on my laptop and desktop machines and
I'm pretty happy with it and will probably upgrade to 9.2 when I get the
time.  That said, if you're interested in using the Ximian Gnome Desktop
or any other newish GNOME stuff you're probably better off with RedHat
as it seems to me that it takes a while for Mandrake packages take a bit
longer to find their way onto the net.

Joe