[thelist] hotlinking, nice or nasty.. retaliation?

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Thu Oct 16 05:16:26 CDT 2003

John wrote:
> He (webmaster) then let me know he had changed the members HTML
> so that the image loaded ok instead of giving a 404!!!
>
> What should I change the photo of Kate Bush to? <grin>

<http://www.cockeyed.com/pranks/imposter/imposter.html>

(may offend)

A friend of mine did something similar to an eBay auction:

<http://justinmckinlay.com/blog/?entry=11>

Paul

<tip type="Email validation" author="Paul Cowan">
Don't over-validate email addresses. No matter how well you think you're
doing it, you'll annoy someone. And no matter how well you think you know
what an email address looks like, I'll bet you're wrong.

For example, did you know that
	"fred smith"@10000001
is a syntactically valid email address? No? Then don't try to be
too clever with your regular expressions. It is.
</tip>