[thelist] Slide show with html text

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Thu Oct 16 11:36:42 CDT 2003

Jono Young wrote:

>The text needs to be editable html text, not a graphic, so that the client
>can update the quotes/testimonials that go below the photos.  Are you basing
>this script on the text being a graphic?

No, but it could be. Could be any modifiable container in the file, a
div, td, textarea, etc. The script I offered rotates 4 images, could do
more or less depending on how many you define. With a few lines added to
the script, it can also rotate other page elements at the same time it
rotates the images. The script I offered is very similar to Javier's
offering, without the text part in it, and no arrays.

The client simply edits the html file and changes the text in the
variables. You could build a simple form for the client to enter the
text and stuff it in a file or db for reading by the html file instead
of the client editing the html. Lots of options.

Ron D.