[thelist] Top 10 JavaScripts

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Thu Oct 16 17:24:53 CDT 2003

Hi, thanks for the replies,

pixelmech at yahoo.com wrote:

> How about top 10 TECHNIQUES in JS? I think that would be more
> helpful, teach them how to write JS well and it won't matter what
> scripts they need, whether cut n paste or written by themselves.
> Cut' n paste teaches you virtually nothing :)

The intention is not to teach these students JavaScript - they are incapable of it. Getting them to do anything in code (as opposed to the menus of Dreamweaver) is a minor miracle.

I'm trying to teach them web design - and I'm trying to get them to use "proper" JavaScript as opposed to Macromedia JavaScript - we only have 6 hours of class time to cover JavaScript/DHTML, so we don't get too far into it.

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
UNITEC Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and complex