[thelist] Re: site check - browser + UK Counties

Andrew andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 02:05:55 CDT 2003

Cheers Alexis

>http://jonathan.rawle.org/counties/hist.htm
>
>Which gives the history of the Counties in the UK, in the 20th century
>anyway.

I found that site over a year a ago and discovered then that the Governement had
sliced the country up into boundies!

Like forinstance the West Midlands who would ever think that the West Midlands
is a county I neraly fell off my christmas tree when I heard that.

There is also a Post Code issue but no time to go inot that one yet!

>BTW, had you considered using a 'clickable' map of the UK, instead of a
>drop down list? I know it takes longer to load, but it can look a lot
>more user friendly?

I had thought about using an image map and thought it would be a great idea but
alas resources have not permitted this.  I'd be interested in any help on it
though ;)