[thelist] access keys

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Fri Oct 17 12:43:25 CDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:23:30 +0000, Dunstan Orchard wrote:

>I've found that (suprise suprise) different browsers handel duplicated
> access keys in different ways:

> Mozilla simply skips to the last field of the duplicated group.
> IE6 cycles through the fields in the duplicated group, but gets very confused
> over radio buttons.
> Opera and NS4 don't do access keys.

Opera does access keys... it just doesn't do them in the same way as
most other browsers.

> So, I guess I'm wondering if: (a) access keys are meant to be unique;

Undefined

> (c) am I doing more harm than good by having duplicated access keys,
> and ;

Harm. You're probably conflicting with built in browser shortcuts too.

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/accesskey.html is a good work
from someone who has invested more time then I have in to the subject.

--
David Dorward                                       http://dorward.me.uk/