[thelist] [PHP] Anyway of Implementing CFC-like code in PHP?

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Sat Oct 18 18:26:22 CDT 2003

Hello,

I am just starting out learning php and have a small question. In CFMX,
it possible to create object like code in the form of CFC's. This allows
you to separate logic from design. It is an amazing way of coding and
allows for a lot of versatility in the way web applications are put
together.

What I am wondering is this: is there any way of duplicating this
functionality in php? Or is php code intrinsically composed of inline
code designed specifically for a particular page?

Another way of asking this would be is there anyway of creating a single
script -- say for database interaction -- that would handle the usual
insert/update/delete operations and then call the required
functions/methods from a second, or external script, without first
including the entire script. (I hope that made sense).

thanks,

chris johnston