[thelist] [PHP] Anyway of Implementing CFC-like code in PHP?

Simon Willison cs1spw at bath.ac.uk
Sat Oct 18 23:53:19 CDT 2003

Chris Johnston wrote:
>> This is very possible using PHP. From what I've seen of CFCs they are
>> similar to the concept of a class in object oriented languages. PHP
>> has a fair amount of support for object orientation (with better
>> support on the way in PHP 5) and allows you to define classes. PHP's
>> include() and require() statements allow you to include code from
>> other scripts. Hence you can define classes in files and then use them
>> in a number of different scripts on your site.
>>
>> Hope that answers your question,
>
> Okay, in a way, yes it does. Thank you. However, you wouldn't happen to
> have a link to a tutorial or article that I could follow?

I wrote a tutorial on objects in PHP a while ago, but it's targetted at
people who already know Java (I wrote it for fellow students on my
Computer Science course). However, you might find the links listed at
the bottom of the article useful:

http://www.bcss.info/courses/phpdropin/notes/objects

Cheers,

Simon Willison