[thelist] CF: coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Sun Oct 19 13:56:18 CDT 2003

I've just installed CFMX 6.1 on RH9 using Apache 2.0.40 and I get this
error message. This very same error occurred on RH7.x with Apache Apache
1.3.26 and CFMX. All Freshly installed.

---
File not found: /index.cfm

Execution Time
No top level page was found.

Exceptions
13:26:11.011 - coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException - in : line -1
             File not found: /index.cfm
---

 From the exception log:
---
"Error","jrpp-222","10/19/03","13:52:57",,"File not found: /index.cfm The
specific sequence of files included or processed is:
/home/httpd/vhosts/freeholidaygiveaways.com/httpdocs/index.cfm "
coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException: File not found: /index.cfm
---

[Later] From the application.log
---
"Error","jrpp-1","10/19/03","14:35:22",,"File not found: /index.cfm The
specific sequence of files included or processed is:
/home/httpd/vhosts/freeholidaygiveaways.com/httpdocs/index.cfm "
---

I note that the path here appears to append a [space] : 'index.cfm '. Is
this merely a matter of logging, or can it be a clue to my issue?

I've verified the paths. I've tried playing with the mappings. No go.
Everything in the Apache config seems right. I've done a search for "File
Not Found" and "coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException". Found lots
of people complaining and limitless people experiencing the errors
themselves, but no solution.

Under mappings I've got
         "/"

set to the webroot directory
         "/home/httpd/vhosts/ "

I've tried with and without trailing slashes.

Macromedia's tech notes don't seem to reference it at all. The forums make
great mention of it, but I've yet to find a solution.

I've made sure there's no Application.cfm or OnRequestEnd.cfm. The page
contains nothing more than an H1, so we know it's not related to database
stuff.

jrun.xml's attribute is set to "false"
<attribute name="cacheRealPath">true</attribute>

Additional notes: We are using PLESK 6.x, if that makes any difference.

Any ideas on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.