[thelist] No Color on Visited Links

MaKo shark at mako4css.com
Sun Oct 19 19:28:08 CDT 2003

Randy,

> We're trying to achieve an appearance wherein once a linkhas been
visited,
> there is no longer any special coloring. IOW, it then appears to be just
> regular text. We cannot just specify:
>
>   a:visited{color: black;}
>
> because the surrounding text could be in other colors than just black.
(This
> is a syntax-coloring situation to show source code in tutorials.) It
seemed

How do you specify the text color of that surrounding text?

If you apply styling to the <p> or a class, you could easily get away with
a contextual selector, like:

p, a:visited {
    color: #FF0000;
    }

-- HTH,

MaKo

...just when you thought it was safe to go back into the wwwater...
http://www.mako4css.com/

news:19051392122334 at dserver.cycla.com...